Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"James E. Griffin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:58:55 -0500
Don't panic, you can fix this.

First, if you're running the Norton/Symantec firewall, you must have the windows
XP firewall disabled. You do that through Windows. Norton antivirus latest
version also has enough of a mini firewall it makes you use Symantec's. From
experience, you can't use zonealarm without a whole lot of pain. The can't be on
the same system without a whole lot of unnecessary work.

Next, in the rules section of Norton Internet Security, you'll find a place
where you need to allow access BOTH in and out from a 'net server. You can get
the specific address of your in and out email server from your ISP. Yes, I know
that's a pain, it should be documented at Symantec. When I figured out the fix
for a client, they were asked by Symantec to post the specifics in the
"knowledge base." Either they haven't gotten around to it, or it's not indexed
properly. SIGH, in my nonexistent spare time I'll have to check.

So to reiterate, you go the the place in rules that asks you if you want to
allow your system to be accessed by an outside server. You can say a generic Yes
to all, and that's fine if your firewall, anti-virus, pop-up blockers, and other
"intruder alert" sutff is configured properly. Alternatively, you have to list
the specific servers - ask your ISP tekkies how. After all, access to your
system normally comes through ONLY on your ISP servers. That is, to get to you,
they gotta get through your ISP's servers. And they have their own defenses.

OK, the other folks now get to comment about trusting someone else's server
defenses. INCOMING! Relax. Chill. The Republic will survive. Somehow.

Next, open up your Norton Antivirus, and copy down all the version ID's, and any
and all stuff you'll need to reinstall the product. You should have this
already, and keep it in a safe place that you'll remember. You won't necessarily
be doing an uninstall, then reinstall, but it helps to have the backup in an
emergency.

OK, when Symantec goes through the updates, your computer sometimes goes bsck to
certain default values. I've talked to development folks at Windows Microsoft
and at Symantec. You guessed it, they blame each other's product as the culprit.
Whoever is at fault, the following seems to work.

Lastly, you do a seemingly silly thing. Go to windows where you set up a new
internet connection. Keep your old connection settings in place, but note all
the information. Then make a new connection using the wizard, naming it
something else, but use all the old info, then when asked check the box that
makes the new connection your default connection. Go though the rest of the
procedures as normal, then reboot your system. Believe it or not, the e-mail
should now work if you've been accurate in your typing.

I know, I know, you should just be able to change the values and info in the
requisite text boxes. Just use the wizard, the whyfores and whereases are deep
in code stuff, and all I care about is making the @#$%$# stuff work together and
play nice.

If your still having problems, or if my directions too confusing, let me know.
If absolutely necessary, we can use screen shots - off list - to get you through.

Jim

Marion wrote:
> I am running windows xp with sp2. I have Norton Internet Security 2005,on Dec 14 I downloaded the update for 2006,
<snip>

--
Prometheus was the first beta tester.
Sisyphus was the first system's administrator.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml