Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:30:53 +0200
Hello Westly,

WM> Hi,

WM> Could someone explain me the functions of telnet?

Telnet allows you to operate a remote computer from terminal.

Two examples I can think of are many users sitting at university's
computer farm all working on one very powerful UNIX machine from cheap
terminals; the second would be remotely accessing and working with a PC over the
Internet.

Telnet is best imagined as DOS prompt, but not of your computer but of
some other machine. There is no file-oriented connection between your PC and the
telnet-controlled system- you must use FTP or another tool to transfer
files between the terminal and the remote system; but you can edit,
run files, receive mail, use IRC, perform calculations, ... , ... on
the remote system.

The basic telnet client available on any Win9x system is telnet.exe.

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
| [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
| FAX (413)431-4014               ICQ 2386792
|
| Freelance website and graphics designer
| Visit my site : http://maxwd.hypermart.net
|
| Editor - Graphics artist
| NOSPIN group