Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don L Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:16:19 -0500
Can you be more specific about what you don't like about
Winzip 8.1 (versus 8.0)?  I just updated to 8.1 from 8.0 and
I haven't noticed any diference in the limited use I have had.

I heard of PKzip along time before I heard of any other Zip
program.  It was V2 for DOS at that time.  But just because
I didn't know about any ofher programs doesn't mean that
they did not exist.

I stiill have a copy of PKZip V2.04 dated 02-01-93.

Don Elias

On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 11:06:21 +1200 Ian Porter <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> Just a few cents worth on WinZip....
> I would find it hard to do without this prog.  BUT - I don't use 8.1.
Like
> a lot of developers, Nico Mac didn't know when to stop.  And 8.1 is
just
> that little bit too clever.
>
> My advice is to try and find an earlier version.  I use 8.0 and it's
great,
> but from memory, anything from 7 onwards is ok too.
>
> Having advised you to go searching, I did a little hunting of my own
for
> something other than 8.1 before I wrote this and if they're out there,
> they're mighty scarce.  Nico and his crew have evidently scoured the
net to
> remove links to earlier WinZips.
>
> This is understandable I guess, as 8.1 is now firmly fee-able, whereas
> earlier versions were only casually, or 'naggingly' so.
>
> There are many WinZip imitations now available, and I'm sure many of
you use
> then and swear by them, but I can't comment on any as I've never
ventured
> away from WinZip.  However, I note that many are free.
>
> BTW - does anyone know which was the first 'zip' application?  I've
always
> assumed it was WinZip, but I'm wondering now if maybe PKZIP was the
first,
> or even something else.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.