Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:21:41 -0400
Hi Judy,

When it comes to toolbars other than Google or Yahoo ones,

the Babylon ,Ask.com and  Complitly toolbars could be considered

the more benign of the lot.

All provide uninstall instructions  and if followed carefully ,you should have no more trouble with them. http://www.babylon.com/info/uninstall

However ,that doesn't mean they uninstall cleanly.

I did a test on this and found some remnants in the Registry and Temp folder.

Since these toolbars are not malicious ,but can be an annoyance if not wanted,

residue in the Registry is of no concern. Temp folder can be cleaned.

Other - malicious - toolbars do leave active entries in the Registry which will re-download

the malware and start the cycle all over again.

BTW , I don't recommend any registry cleaner for the average computer user.

The risk is to great  in the hands of an unskilled person.

Last piece of advice: Don't use a "naked" browser.

At least use a "sandboxed" browser by running it via a program

such as Sandboxie  http://sandboxie.com/

or BufferZone. http://www.trustware.com/

Peter E.

PS .First submitted on Wednesday, August 08, 2012 10:12 PM