Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:48:56 -0800
From: Greg De Guzman
Subject: [PCSOFT] Stealth Virus

Is there such a thing as a stealth virus?

Lately I've been getting e-mails from a listserv that posts a message twice: one with the details as
you see it in the mailbox it is in and another just a blank line. If you click on each of the
message they have the same contents.

More recently, I get  something in my mailbox that flags my e-mail software (Netscape 4.7) to show
that there is some new mails (the mailbox shows bold letters), but if I try to find the mail
there is none.

Is there something new like this going around?

Appreciate any inputs.

Greg De Guzman
-----------------
Greg,

There are three types of viruses, and they are known as:
-Boot Sector virus
-File Infector virus
-Stealth virus

The first two are self-explanatory, but the stealth virus type is defined as:

"A virus that actively conceals itself by temporarily removing itself from an infected file that is
about to be examined, and then hiding a copy of itself elsewhere on the drive."
(Andrews, Jean. A+ Guide to Managing and Maintaining Your PC., 3rd edition., Course Technology - a
division of Thomson Learning., Cambridge, MA. © 2000)

I can't tell from your summary of incidents if you have a stealth virus, but if you suspect you do,
I would suggest a search on the net for "Steath virus type". I'm sure you'll find a wealth of info
that will help you determine if you have a stealth virus, and what to do about it. Best of luck,

Alan Thompson