Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kenny Parks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 08:31:06 -0500
Al,
    I also got three fake messages. Norton intercepted them and quarantined
them until I deleted them. Goes to show how easy it is for someone to pass
this stuff along. I am sure PayPal has heard about it by now....
Kenny
                                                      Dixie Computers
Please visit my new website:
http://www.dixie-computers.com
----- Original Message -----
From: "Al Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 5:15 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] VIRUS ALERT - fake email from PayPal

> I received 3 virus-infected emails today (Friday)  which were supposedly
from PayPal. Don't be fooled - they looked
> very authentic. I don't usually pass this type of info along, but
considering the nature of these emails, I thought
> it prudent to do so. Ironically, since changing my email address, I've had
no email contact with anyone other than
> this list - hmmm? (Someone on the list infected?)
>
> Al Thompson
>

> The attachment name is:    www.paypal.com.scr
> The subject line read:        YOUR PAYPAL.COM ACCOUNT EXPIRES
> The virus name is:             W32/Mimail.i@MM
>
> The messages read as follows:
>
> Start QUOTE
>
> Dear PayPal member,
>
> PayPal would like to inform you about some important information regarding
your PayPal account. This account, which
> is associated with the email address
>
> <my email address was here>
>
> will be expiring within five business days.  We apologize for any
inconvenience that this may cause, but this is
> occurring because all of our customers are required to update their
account settings with their personal
> information.
>
> We are taking these actions because we are implementing a new security
policy on our website to insure everyone's
> absolute privacy. To avoid any interruption in PayPal services then you
will need to run the application that we
> have sent with this email (see attachment) and follow the instructions.
Please do not send your personal
> information through email, as it will not be as secure.
>
> IMPORTANT! If you do not update your information with our secure
application within the next five business days
> then we will be forced to deactivate your account and you will not be able
to use your PayPal account any longer.
> It is strongly recommended that you take a few minutes out of your busy
day and complete this now.

> DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE VIA EMAIL! This mail is sent by an automated
message system and the reply will not be
> received.
>
> Thank you for using PayPal.
>
> canciaii
>
> End QUOTE