Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 21:39:42 -0600
Thanks for everyone's help on this problem.  I removed the Linksys PCI NIC
from PCA (already had tried this on B) and replaced with an old ISA SMC card
I had laying around.  This resolved the problem.  I'm guessing either the
card went bad, or WIN98's plug and pray IRQ management was giving me grieve
as the NIC was sharing and IRQ with my Video Card and neither would enable
me to change it to another value.  I can now move files etc...

Dan Shaughnessy

> I have an interesting problem on my small home network, that is
> driving me insane.  PCA is my main computer and has 2 NIC's
> installed, along with Sygate to allow PCB to access internet.  PCB
> can access internet over this connection and works fine for hours.
> However, whenever I try to transfer files of any size between
> computers the network connection drops.  For example, moving a 20MB
> folder containing several files...the transfer starts,  about 5 MB is
> successfully transfered, then system just stops and I get a message,
> the Network resource is no longer available.  This happens regardless
> of which PC I am transfering from. Currently I have TCP/IP, Netbui
> and IPX/SPX installed on both computers. I have tried each of the
> protocols individually, with the same results.  I have removed and
> reinstalled the cards in both machines (in different slots).  I have
> removed and reinstalled ALL of the protocols with the same result.
> Both PC's can see the other fine in the Network Neighborhood, and I
> can browse either PC fine from the other, but again, they just "die"
> when transferring files.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html