Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 08:41:42 -0800
I went through the Money vs. Quicken, as well as considering some other
alternatives, decision a little while back. We started with Quicken for DOS
many years ago. In 1993, I got Money 3 for Windows and used that till a
couple of years ago. Then Money started to get bloated and lacked some basic
features (that the old version had) like changing the font and color of the
register display. It was then that I tried switching to Quicken 2003. It
took quite an effort to convert, but I got it done.

Although Quicken did have the adjustable font and color, and it had some
nice features, it also had some nasty habits. One of my pet peeves was that,
unlike Money, Quicken does not allow you to cancel a transaction or change
that you started - you need to exit the transaction and delete it. In Money,
I got used to pressing the ESC key to back out of an error.

In the end, I switched back to Money (now on version 2005). The conversion
back was also quite an effort. In conclusion, my wife and I both find that
Money is the "friendlier" program to use. Fonts and colors are still not
adjustable, but the other program features seem better overall. Of course,
someone else may particularly like a feature of Quicken, so your own
preference may vary. Just thought I would share my own experience for you to
consider. Incidentally, Quicken data files are smaller (about half) than
Money.

Peter
The NoSpin Group