Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Donald Rex Gaither <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 12:45:25 -0500
        "David A. Abbe" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Hi gang,
>
>Here's a "newbie" question or two.  I just received a copy of NT for
>workstation, and would like to setup a dual boot.  At the moment, I am
>set up using one partition (3.2gig) fat 32.  So, I need to re-format, and
>set up three partitions, 1) win95b going with Fat16, 2) a partition for
>NT, and 3) a partition using fat16 for the shared applications.   Also,
>the only way to change my partition other than using 3rd party software
>such as system commander or something, is to re-format.

Hi,
     Close, but not quite.  First you will need to repartition your hard
drive.  Using a setup disk, reboot your computer and run fdisk.  When it
asks if you want large hard drive support choose No.  Then delete your
current partion.  Next set up a primary partition and an extended partion.
The maximum you can create the primary for is 2.1 gigs.  After this, set up
any logical drives you want.  These drives will be "inside" your extended
partion, so its size is the largest all of the logical drives can be (Note
the extended also has the 2.1 gig limit).  Now exit out of fdisk and
reboot.  Next, format the C drive, and any logical drives you created (the
first will be D:, the next E:, etc.).  Now you can install Win95B on your
hard drive.  Once this is done, install NT (it will install on the primary
drive also).  You can now install all of your shared applications, these
can install on either drive (see the relevent setups on how to setup it up
on non-default drives).  You will have to install each application twice,
once while booted into Win95B and once while in NT.  It's fine to install
the program in the same directory, the two installs is so both operating
systems has access to its settings and systems files.

HTH,
Donald Gaither

PS.  if you are primarily going to use Win95, in NT's Control Panel under
System, Start-Up/Shutdown, you can change which program defaults in the
dual-boot menu and how long that menu stays up.

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com