Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:29:58 -0700
On 16 Sep 2003, at 22:55, Alan wrote:

> Operating system Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 as my email program. I
> have just received 19 emails with attachments in MIME format. How do I
> extract the attachments to view the picture?
> Anyone help me.
>
> Alan Priol

  MIME is not a "format", it's a structure for combining several pieces of
information in different formats into the same text or message.  Each
subpart has a little header that identifies the format of that piece, and
often a filename or other identifier.  Probably >90% of the messages that I
receive with attachments are structured using MIME, and Outlook usually
recognizes them just fine.

  It's possible that in this case the MIME headers have somehow gotten
corrupted, or are missing information that Outlook needs.  That would tend
to point back at the sender's email program.

  There *are* programs out there that can take a text file and extract the
MIME sections to separate files (which works best if they *at least* have a
filename header!).  I use an old shareware program called ESSCODE on
occasions when I run into this; I don't know if you can still download it
anywhere.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml