Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:20:08 -0800
On 31 Jan 00, at 17:48, Katya K wrote:

> I am trying to install PERL on my dell laptop. Part of the
> instructions say to set the path to include the perl/bin directory.
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to find, or know where to do this.
> (I've been looking for where the path initially gets set up).

  It depends on what version of Windows you are using.  In Win 95 and
98, it is legal to have an AUTOEXEC.BAT file and use the PATH
statement (or SET the PATH variable) -- just as one would have in
DOS.  (If that's not enough detail, it should be easy enough to find
more detail in books or on the web.)

  If you are using Windows NT, the environment settings, including
the PATH, are part of the user profile, and can be reached by logging
on and going to the System applet in the Control Panel.

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html