Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 04:52:44 -0500
Norton Disk Rescue

> I am using Norton Systemworks 2001 and have been a long-time fan and user
of
> these products. In my old computer I had a Zip100 drive and use to make
use
> of it for a Norton ZIP Rescue.
>
> My new machine has no ZIP drive but instead has a CDRW burner.
>
> Is there any way to get Norton to make a Rescue Disk set on a bootable CD
in
> the absence of a ZIP drive. It seems silly to make a rescue set on a set
of
> floppies when I have a perfectly good CD Burner just begging to be used
for
> this purpose.
>
> Any advice?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael

Sorry Michael, but Norton Rescue only has 2 options, Zip Rescue but you must
have a Zip drive and basic rescue which uses 7 floppies. You can't use a CD
because, first of all, the disk must be formatted first and Norton does not
have the capability to format a CD. Second, even if it did it would be a
waste because everytime you update the rescue disk it reformats the disks,
so you would have to use a rewriteable disk, not a CD-R disk, otherwise you
would never be able to update, and you wouldn't be able to store any other
data on the rewriteable disk since it gets formatted everytime you update.
So it would be a waste to use a disk that can store 650Mb just for something
that uses about 10Mb and not be able to use the remaining 640Mb.

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html