Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:23:35 -0800
I was having similar issues with Office Pro 2002, (AKA office XP Pro, office
10) I installed the free version of Office Pro 2010 Beta.  I really like it,
it does take some getting used to though.
I will expect to have to purchase the final release when it finishes Beta
testing.

John Green

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Mayer SC
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 9:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: "Excel has encountered a problem..."

You might give Open Office a try. It is free including any updates. I
hardly notice any differences from Excel. Open Office will work with MS
Office files and will save your work in that format if you desire.

Tom

On 3/2/2010 8:53 PM, James Harris wrote:
> After 10  happy years my Excel  has de-celerated!  Starting a month ago
every time after working for from 5 minutes to one hour on an Excel
spreadsheet I get a window:  "Excel has encountered a problem and must
close..."  I have the option of either reporting to MS - or not.  Either
way, Excel closes.  Can re-boot immediately but the same window will
reappear - even sooner.  I've contacted MS support who very politely told me
they don't support MS Office 2000 anymore.  Their advice:  "Buy our new
Office suite." I re-installed my Office and now can't install any updates
-when I tried to to install Office  SP1 I got a window which said "The
expected version of the product was not found on your system".
>   I'm running Office 2000, Small business edition on MS XP Home, SP3.   No
other problems.
> On the MS forum the only info was others had the same problem and the only
work-around was to use "Open Office" app - which I've been doing, but I
prefer my old Excel.