Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 11:57:54 +1200
A customer has a bundled installation of Works (v.5 or 6, I believe) on his
2-yr old Pavillion pc.

I've just sold him a new laptop, and on it installed the Office 2000 suite,
(Word, Excel, Access etc etc)

When I configured the Word install, I selected all of the conversion options
that were available, thinking that he'd be able to copy his Works (wps)
files from his old pc to his new laptop and read them in Word.  But not so -
Word did not want to know about it.

So I deleted Office from the laptop and did it again.  This time I noted
that amongst the conversion options, the only reference to Works was version
4 - in other words the only Works files that would be convertible by Word
2000 were Works 4 files.

I'm puzzled as to why this is so.  What makes Works 5 or 6 so special that
Word 2000 is unable to read files created with those versions?  Is there any
way around this?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown