Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:47:02 +0200
From: <[log in to unmask]>

> On 15 Dec 2001, at 10:53, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

[skipped]
> > I use my 'main' PC to download my email.
> >
> > I would like to access/read and reply to the email on the main
> > machine from the other positions. I don't want to 'transfer' the
> > mails from the main to the others ... I would like to access the
> > 'main email inbox' from any other position and reply to them if
> > necessary.

[skipped]

>   Two possibilities suggest themselves:
>
> 1.  Share the folder where your mailbox resides on the main machine.
> Point email client on the other machine to this share as where the
> mailbox resides.
>   Only run mail clients on both machines *at once* on July 4th and
> other occasions that merit fireworks, since it wasn't designed to
> cope with this.

It is not that bad. If you  set system that way that you attempt launch mail
client
from peer-to-peer server then this is usually not posible unless program is
set
reda only.

> 2.  Install email *server* software on your main machine, and point
> the clients at that (using IMAP, not POP!).  You may have to start
> using a third-party utility like fetchmail to download email from
> your ISP to this local server.
>
> David Gillett

This is best solution, also there is semi-workaround. I have used Mercury/32
mail
server with mail fetch with Pegasus Mail clients. It works with some
tweaking.
If someone asks if recommend IMAP server, but I don't know reasonably priced
IMAP servers for home users on Windows platform.

Toomas

                       http://freepctech.com/rode