Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 12:23:26 -0800
On 19 Jan 99, at 3:31, Alex Polenov wrote:

> But still you have to have MS Office apps to open you extracts from zip. I
> meaned compilers for VBA to convert my works to exe files. And its should
> run after I copy its to other systems without MSOffince. For example I
> have sheets with some functions and I don't need other functions from
> Excel97. I may copy this little file to an old 386 or 486 machine to run
> it on Win95 or DOS. I don't know what is "Baler" utility - have never
> heared about it.
>
> Alex
>
> >   WinZip has the option to package a file, or a group of files, as a
> > "self-extracting executable" .EXE file.  Does this do what you need? Or
> > are you looking for something more like the old "Baler" utitlity that
> > would turn a spreadsheet into an application -- I don't know of one like
> > this still on the market.

  Baler was a "compiler" for Lotus 1-2-3, somewhere around 1987 -- it did
exactly what you want, except that it didn't know about Excel or Windows....

  Check out

http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/550/session.one/spreadsheets_faq.html

section 10  (which I've attempted to reproduce below):
10. Spreadsheet runtimes/compilers
10.0 References
10.1 Baler and Visual Baler
 {HYPERLINK "http://www.techtools.com/vbaler.htm"}http://www.techtools.com/vbaler.htm
 {HYPERLINK "http://nyweb.com/lotus/visbaler.htm"}http://nyweb.com/lotus/visbaler.htm
 10.2 xlsexe
 Compuserve: 71031,1123
 America Online: RobertL469
 Centerline Software
 3351 Turner Plaza #108
 Abilene, TX 79606
 {HYPERLINK "ftp://ftp.zdnet.com/pccomp/1001/xlsexe.zip"}ftp://ftp.zdnet.com/pccomp/1001/xlsexe.zip
 10.3 Formula One (available from Programmer's Paradise)
{HYPERLINK "http://www.visualcomp.com/f1net/download.htm"}http://www.visualcomp.com/f1net/download.htm

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html