Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 26 May 2005 08:15:40 -0500
Hi Phil,

Go to Start \ Search \ For Files or Folders... and select "All files and
folders". Enter "*.cpl", sans quotes, in the first text box in the left
pane, select your hard drive in the "'Look in:" box, and click "Search".
This finds the Control Panel files in your system32 folder. To remove one of
them, simply open Windows Explorer to the system32 folder and drag the file
to another folder.

The names of the files aren't always obvious. You may have to open a few
different files by double-clicking their icons before you find the one you
want to remove. Note that this method only works for third party icons in
Windows XP. The system icons automatically restore themselves when moved.

Sven Swanson, Sr.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil & Nat Gagne" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:39 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Removing an obsolete program from the Control Panel

Ok folks, here's a tough one.

I recently installed a program called "Desktop Weather by the Weather
Channel" on my machine and since uninstalled it.  However, in the control
panel, there is still an icon which acts as a direct link to configuring the
settings for the program.  Of course, it won't work because the program has
been completely uninstalled.  How do I remove this icon from the Control
Panel???

System specs:  Windows XP SP 2, 40 GB HD, 512 Ram

Phil Gagne