Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 00:58:49 -0400
Hi Joyce,
I sympathize with you- You obviously got duped.There is absolutely no reason
why you should have had to wait for 30 days to get hard drive replaced.That
procedure in itself takes 15 min tops -if one is slow ;) .transferrring data
-if salvageable - takes a bit longer,but not 30 days!!!
Also,your new installation of XP should have been XP + SP3.plus all updates
to Jan 2009.

If you want to know which version of XP you have > Right click My Computer
icon on the Desktop and click Properties.The resulting panel will give you
the version.
Or > press the Windows key (WinKey) (the one with the Windows logo) plus
Pause key and you get the same panel.
A 3rd option is Start > Run > type  winver  in the box  > click OK or press
Enter key and it will give you the info on a (different) panel as well.

As to unzipping zip files > XP has a native unzipper on board - if no other
unzipper (de-compressor) is available, all you have to do is to right-click
the zip file and select Extract from the r-c menu and extract to desired
location..Double clicking will also open it and you will see the files and
can copy or move them to any place you want.
Preferred method is to place zip file in a folder,named to reflect the
program and extract to that folder.Don't unzip the stuff all over you
desktop ;)
BTW, that folder should/could be created in your Downloads folder to keep
things organized.

Since you have WinZip on your system,the above may not work,since WinZip has
hijacked that function.
Un-install WinZip > Once done,then use XP's native unzipper or install a
more versatile de-compressor ,like 7-Zip  http://www.7-zip.org/  (as
mentioned) or IzArc  http://www.izarc.org/  both free.
There are many others (free) as well.

Hope this helps a little ;)
Peter E.

On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 6:28 PM, Joyce A <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> As many of you already know, my hard drive crashed late last December, and
> I was more than 30 days getting my computer back with a new HD.  Previously,
> I ran Win XP SP2 on a 100-gig drive; now it seems I have SP 1 and certain
> software "trial versions" are "expiring!"  I still can't view videos on this
> computer, and now all of a sudden it seems I have to _buy_ a copy of WinZip
> in order to open that Mail Viewer from Mitec?!  I don't _think_ so...
> So, what would you folks recommend as a good, free, easier-to-use
> substitute for WinZip?  Thanks in advance!
>
> Joyce in SE Ohio

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml