Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 13:42:31 -0800
  I've run into this before, and I think IE does this whenever the image has
been resized at the browser end.  There are two ways that this can happen:

1.  A few sites/pages include pictures where the HTML code instructs the
browser to show the image at a different size from the actual image file on
the host.  This is considered bad HTML style, but some sites don't know
that.

2.  IE has an option to resize image files to fit the browser window, which
seems to get turned on lately whenever you update to a new version of IE.
Turn it off.  (You may want to also turn off the annoying "image toolbar"
while you're there....)

  Turning off the items in #2 has reduced the frequency with which I see
this from "all the time" to "very occasionally".

  If a site provides a link to the full-size image file, you may also get
better results by right-clicking on the link and choosing "save target as",
rather than following the link and choosing "save picture" -- although some
sites don't support that choice.

Dave Gillett

On 25 Dec 2004 at 1:22, Kathy Bass wrote:

> I am hoping someone can help me, I have a huge collection of gif and jpeg
> images. Tonight I noticed in trying to save some Christmas ones from the
> internet, rather than having a name or description I am getting "untitled"
> and they will save only as bitmaps. Something inadvertently has changed, I
> know I did nothing deliberately, but hoping someone can tell me how to
> restore this to the way it was yesterday. I did run System Restore to no
> avail, and if I log in under my other user name, I can save them in the
> aforementioned formats. But I only use that as a backup, all my files and
> programs are here as the user who can't save anything other than bitmaps.
>
> Windows XP Home
> SP 2
> Dell Dimension4600
> IE 6.0.2900.2180