Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:33:28 +1200
Further to my last rant about Sobig, I've just discovered a feature of Mailwasher 3.1 which makes handling bounced mail a breeze.

In Mailwasher, select View\Filter Sidebar and click the Options tab.  Then click the Blacklist Options tab.

You may like to change your settings but mine are:

Check;       Auto-delete blacklisted messages
Uncheck;  Bounce auto-deleted messages
Check;      Mark blacklisted messages for bouncing

I've left the 'Expire unused.......' settings Checked for now as I'm not sure of their purpose.

With these settings, and having previously marked any unwanted mail for bouncing, Mailwasher takes care of the whole process, removing all blacklisted mail and leaving the legitimate stuff.

And unless I've missed something obvious, these settings don't redirect bounced mail back through the ISP more than once, which relieves the pressure on their server.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand