Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:35:47 -0800
Well, first of all, I lied.  I don't have *all* the available Win98 updates
installed, because there were a few I don't want.  Here is a list of what I
installed, with descriptions:

Update for 'Untrusted Scripted Paste' Issue Already Installed
1793 KB/14 min
Microsoft has updated the 'Untrusted Scripted Paste' patch for Internet
Explorer, to fix both the original security vulnerability and a recently
discovered variant of this problem. Microsoft highly recommends that all
affected customers -- including anyone who downloaded the original patch
before November- now download the updated patch to protect their computers.

'Dotless IP Address' Security Update Already Installed
371 KB/3 min
This update addresses a vulnerability in Internet Explorer that might allow
a hacker to bypass certain Internet Explorer Security Zones settings.

Outlook Express 'File Attachment' Security Update Already Installed
1103 KB/9 min
This security update resolves an issue that can cause Outlook Express to
close unexpectedly when you open a message that contains an attachment with
an extremely long name. Downloading this update will prevent possible
unauthorized access to your computer. This patch has been updated since the
initial fix was made available on July 27th.

Internet Explorer 'Window.External.Jscript' Security Update Already
Installed
479 KB/3 min
This security update resolves an issue that can cause Internet Explorer to
close unexpectedly when browsing a web page that contains malicious JScript
script. Downloading this update will prevent possible unauthorized access to
your computer.

Windows Critical Update Notification Already Installed
24 KB/1 min Uninstall
Install Windows Critical Update Notification and never miss an essential
update to Windows again! With this feature, you will be notified
automatically whenever Windows Update posts a Critical Update that is
specific to your computer.

Windows Media Player 6 Already Installed
3722 KB/31 min Uninstall
Microsoft Windows Media Player upgrades the previous versions of Media
Player, NetShow player, and ActiveMovie player and plays most multimedia
content formats located on the Internet or your computer, including Windows
Media, Real Audio/RealVideo 4.0, QuickTime, AVI, WAV, MP3 and more.

VRML 2.0 Viewer Already Installed
1196 KB/9 min
Use this viewer to see the full effect of Web pages that have virtual
reality features.

Active Accessibility Update Already Installed
61 KB/1 min
This update of Active Accessibility fixes several compatibility issues with
programs that use Microsoft Active Accessibility.

===============
Now, the following available updates I chose NOT to install:

DirectX 6.0 Technology Update
1081 KB/9 min
 This update to the multimedia system services for Windows 98 opens up the
multimedia capabilities of your computer. DirectX 6 delivers faster
performance for DirectX-enabled games and multimedia programs, and provides
support for the latest generation of 3-D graphics acceleration hardware.

---------->Note from Roxanne: I like *other* people to install new DirectX
drivers, or for DirectX updates to be released by my video card
manufacturer, rather than install them just for the heck of it. So I won't
be installing DirectX 6.0 until ATI incorporates it in their drivers, or
until it's been around for a long time.

Internet Explorer Sound Pack
10 KB/1 min
Install the sound pack to get a confirmation sound every time you click a
link on a Web page when using Internet Explorer.  (I didn't really want
this. Yuck.)

Agent 2.0
398 KB/3 min
Use Agent to see animated characters used in interactive guides and
entertainment features on some Web sites.   (I don't know why I didn't
download this. Probably the phrase "animated characters".  <grin> )

Chat 2.5
1625 KB/13 min
Communicate in chat rooms on the Internet. In the optional 'comic-strip'
mode, let your true feelings be known by choosing your own character and
facial expressions.   (I really, truly don't need or wnat this one.)

Wallet 2.1
307 KB/2 min
Make shopping at secure Web sites easy, quick, and safe by storing your
credit card numbers and address information in a virtual 'wallet' on your
own computer.   (I'm not ready to try this one out.)

The rest of the updates concerned different languages or additional themes,
neither of which I want or need.  Oh, yes, and Internet Explorer 5 Beta is
available through the Win98 upgrade site, but I'm not ready for that,
either.

Long list, huh?

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego