Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:20:52 +1000
Shaleen writes:

<<backing up the registry using ERU ....Regedit can also be executed from
Dos mode. In fact, I read somewhere =that having Regedit on the bootup
floppy allows to boot from it and run =
regedit to restore from a backup in the event of a problem>>

The advantage of ERU is that it backs up other vital Win initiation files
which can get corrupted such as Win.ini, Sys.config, etc whereas Regedit
only copies User.dat and Sytem.dat.

Restoring a .reg file from dos would have to be done manually, which
supposes you know a fair bit about how to use dos, whereas ERU requires
very little knowledge of dos, and carries out all the restoration functions
automatically.

I suppose you could run regedit from a floppy and use its import function,
but you'd have to know the right dos commands.

There is a dos method of restoring the registry, but it requires a lot of
detailed typing ---  one mistake and  it won't work.  I don't recommend it
unless you are familiar with dos.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.