Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 19:58:38 EST
In a message dated 12/12/2001 5:49:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> hi....on my computer, and i'm sure on all others,you can set the volume
> level by clicking the speaker icon in the tray area...when you click the
> slider on the volume control you get a sound which i assume allows one to
> test the "loudness"....well yesterday i discovered that i don't get any
> sound when i click that slider on my wife's computer but all her other
> sounds work without a problem...i tried removing and restoring the speaker
> icon from the multimedia properties window in control panel....i also
> removed the volume control in the add\remove thingy and then reinstalled it
> from the windows cd....no luck with either of these....i would think it's
> probably something simple but i can't put a finger on it....the computer
> has win98 se and the usual bells and whistles...could someone help me solve
> this minor but annoying problem...thanks,Gary Burke.

Hi,
  Click Start>Settings>Control Panel, then double click the "Sounds" icon,
and scroll down the list to "Default Sound". This is the sound that plays
when you adjust the volume slider. It normally is set to "Ding.Wav" in the
C:\Windows\Media folder. By highlighting the Default Sound, you can browse to
that folder, and double click on that file, that will set the sound
association.

HTH,
Peter Hogan

                     support at our newest website: