Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:43:00 -0800
On 6 Apr 99, at 10:04, Dave DeWalt wrote:

>   I am running Eudora 2.1.2 and my coworker is running Outlook98.
> Whenever he sends an email I receive an attachment called
> winmail.dat that is placed in my C:\eudora folder.  I do not receive
> this attachment from other users using the Outlook98 program.  Any
> assistance would be greatly appreciated.

  Your friend has "rich text" enabled on mail he sends to you.  So
every message consists of a plain text message which you see, and an
attached file which -- if you were using a compatible Microsoft mail
program (from amongst Exchange, Windows Messaging, Internet Mail,
Outlook97, Outlook98 and Outlook Express -- no, I don't know which are
compatible with what...) -- duplicates the text with embedded font and
colour information.  Since you're running Eudora, this is just a waste
of disk space and bandwidth.
  [Each of those Microsoft mailers seems to have its own obscure
provision for turning this off.  He may have to read the manual.]

David G

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html