Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 10:31:49 -0700
Susan,

When we look at graphics or pictures, that sorta thing they have suffixes
like .jpg, or .gif to show what type of file it is, and also to help the
viewer know what kind of program or tool is needed to view that picture, or
in your sake.. cartoons. so when you go to associate a program to a file
type, then what your telling it to do is when ever you open or try to view
this type of file, then i want you to run and open this program to show the
file or picture.

Guessing you are running windows95/98,  when you try to open a file that
isn't associated with a program, a menu should show up with a list of
programs you have, and you can choose which one you want to have open
whenever you open that file type. Then when you go to open your cartoon,
then the program you chose should open and view the cartoon... make sure the
program you use has the capabilities to view that file type though.. a good
viewer in MHO is ACDSEE, it can view a variety of graphics, picture file
types and that sorta thing..  hope this helps..

Lynn Batson
----- Original Message -----
From: "Susan W. Gompf" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [PCSOFT] finding a program

> I enjoy collecting and saving cartoons. Recently I got a few I can't open.
Message reads: file has no program associated to perform. Create assoc. Go
to My Comp., View, Fold. Opt.  Great! I'm there. Now what? I don't
understand the options or the consequences of choosing. Have assorted
suffixes: .asp, .jpg, .gif, etc. Please simplify answer. Very newbie.

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]