Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 14:15:55 -0600
At 09:57 AM 9/4/98 , you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I've read a few posts on Build reference CD writers not working under W98,
>mine is one of them!! Therefore I would like to re-install W95B. I can't
>format my HD as I need to back up loads of info onto CD before I do that and
>of course my CD writer will not work under W98. Therefore, my question is:
>
>Is it possible to install W95B on top of W98?
>
>or
>
>Does anyone know of a  software solution to get my HP4020i writer working in
>W98.

Mick,

I would not do that...  I have seen enough horror stories about people
who have tried to run the un-install in WIn98 to return to Win95b...  or those
who have just attempted to reload Win95b over Win98 to know it is a
bad idea.   Case in point is a computer that just came into my shop
for this same thing...   a woman tried to reinstall Win95b(OSR2) over
the top of Win98...  it completely trashed her system, after it locked up
during the install process.   I am going to format the system and reload
it for her.   You probably should delete at least all the control and registry
files for Win98, boot from a floppy and reload that way...  it is the registry
that will get you in this matter.  Be sure to delete the backup copies of
the control files and registry also...

One point you have not made here is what software you are using to
write CD's.   Since the CD Writer software actually sets up the interface
for a CD writer to be more than just a CD rom drive, this is an important
issue.   Some applications are better than others...   some already have
upgrades to work in the Win98 environment...    have you checked with
the software company for upgrades to your CD writer software??

   Bob

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**