Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 02:47:32 -0400
James Kerr wrote:
>> > I want to upgrade someone's quickbooks 3.0
>> > installation to 6.0 and I found out there isn't
>> > an upgrade to buy, you just buy the whole package,
>> > when I install this will it detect the other version...
snip
You may have a "small" problem... The box for v6 says:
Converts Data from v5.0 & 4.0 (windows).
If this is true, you can "work around" this.
Note:  QBW 6.0 requires Win95 or NT4.0 or higher. (Patch to R3).
QBW 5.0(D R6P) is the last 16 bit version of Quickbooks Pro.
   Make sure you check the features of QBW PRO, if you
need to track time, estimates and bids, or use Networking.
Time tracking has saved me more than the price of the
program. If you are using Quickpay or Quickbooks payroll
check Chapter 3, p15 for important info. (v6.0d)
   I always make my own back-up as other list members
have suggested. The program "upgrade" will force you
to make "another" back-up. When you open the "company"
for the first time, you will be notified that the data
file is from an older version, and MUST be updated (and
backed-up). It will scan your data three times, and that
will be it.
Note: My buttons had to be reset to "show" after this upgrade.
Some other _settings_ were lost in the 16 to 32 bit conversion.
NO DATA has EVER been lost. I have proved that by having,
(at one time), over 400 back-ups available for inspection.
Starting at Version 2(R10), I have patched or upgraded
twenty times with-out a hitch. (Including betas!)
      Rick