Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Orf Bartrop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 11:29:42 +1100
Well Kevin, changing the BIOS can be dangerous unless you know what you
are doing. However, to change the BIOS you have to stop the computer at
boot up time by pressing a key. Without actually doing it I cannot
remember which key but I think the "Delete" key will work. As the
computer boots hit the "Pause" key and read what it says about entering
the BIOS. Then hit any key to continue and then hit the key suggested.
Once in the BIOS you will have to find where the USB feature is
controlled from. Instructions are given in the BIOS on how to navigate.
Write down what the setting is and then change it to the desired
setting. If something goes wrong you can always reboot and set the BIOS
back to what it was.

I am sure someone with complete knowledge on the BIOS will set you
straight on what to do.

You should have kept your request in the same thread as you started with
Ghost - make for easier understanding for other readers.

Orf Bartrop

Kevin Lauzon wrote:

>I have found the following article at Norton Ghost technical support site. However it does not explain how to actually edit the bios settings for WinXP. Anyone know how to do this?
>
>Other causes and solutions for USB devices
>  a.. If the computer uses a USB 1.1 drive controller and the external drive uses USB 2.0, edit the computer's BIOS to disable USB.
>  b.. In Ghost's list of possible destination drives, Ghost does not display external USB drives that have not been initialized, formatted, and partitioned because the drive is not yet capable of saving files. Perform these procedures on the drive to resolve the problem.
>  c.. Ghost does not support external drives that are connected by means of a PCMCIA card. See the document Ghost compatibility with PCMCIA devices.
>  d.. The computer's BIOS and PC DOS may not be fully compatible. Using MS DOS rather than PC DOS may resolve the problem.
>  e.. Ghost requires that the computer load the USB drivers:
>    a.. If running Ghost from the Windows interface, open Ghost, click Options, and click External storage driver settings. Check the appropriate USB driver option.
>    b.. If running Ghost from a bootable floppy disk, copy the USB drivers to the floppy disk, or create the disk in Ghost Boot Wizard and add the drivers at that time.
>
>                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: