Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Michael Dana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 22:11:11 -0700
Have set up Win95 on a 486SX2-50mhz compressed hard drive over 3 years ago,
works just fine. Sold it to my boss to use with Word97 for billings over 8
months ago, still no problems. You do need to run defrag. weekly. I set it
up to use Norton 3.0 Utilities for both defrag and scandisk. Only area you
notice a slow down is in printing.

At 12:08 PM 9/8/98 , you wrote:
>On  6 Sep 98 at 0:49, John G. Cakars wrote:
>
>> Compaq Presario 486SX2, 66MHz.
>>
>> This is probably an old question, but it has surfaced for a friend of
>> mine.  Will a 486SX2 handle Windows 95?  Does Windows 95 require a CPU
>> with a math coprocessor?
>
>  Windows 95 will run -- slowly, but run -- on a 386.  The OS itself
>doesn't use floating point for anything; some specific applications
>may require it.
>  There is a rumour that Windows 98 includes code that uses a new
>instruction introduced in the 486, so it will not run on 386 CPUs.
>Should run on a 486SX just fine, though -- first I've ever heard of
>an SX2....
>
>David G
>
>                                  -----
>        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**
>        Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]> or Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**