Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Marg Belliveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:07:55 -0400
Try this site for a list (large) of  Applications that place themselves in
you Startup.  It tells you which ones you can safely disable. Will tell you
how to disable Task Scheduler too!!
http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_index.htm
You can even download the site for offline reference...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Beth Thompson" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 12:30 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] hard drive running

> Greetings,
>
> Yesterday Office XP was installed on my work computer.
> Dell Optiplex GX1, Win98 (4.10.1998), Pentium II, 64M ram
>
> It's now sooooo sloooow....What's bothering me is ... hard drive starts
running and keeps running and grinding and running, ...not doing anything
...require writing to the disk. .C-A-D, ... get quite a few items that I
don't recognize:

> Cftmon
> Em_exec
> Dpps2
> Navapw32
> Mdm
> Acrotray
>
> Can anyone tell me what these things are, what they do, and whether I need
them? And if not, how to get rid of them? I have Norton AV, a pop-up window
stopper, and Task Scheduler (can't figure out how to get rid of it) in the
systray, w/ a few others that I didn't include above as I can recognize them
in the CAD window.

> I thought it might be the OfficeXP Language Bar, ... It apparently only
runs when a MS program is on top, and the hard drive grinding doesn't only
happen then.
> Beth Thompson

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml