Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Jul 1998 08:17:12 -0500
Ken Harrell wrote:

> I have a friend who has both IE & Netscape installed. IE is
> the "default" browser. How can I change the default to
> NS without un-installing IE?

Greetings,
  Here is a cut and paste from the Netscape U(nofficial)FAQ at
http://www.ufaq.org/. Hope this helps.

Applies to: Communicator
Operating Systems: Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows NT.

Problem Symptoms: "How do I make Communicator my default browser and
Netscape Mail and News my defaults?  When
I check options I can't seem to find the way to do it."

Solutions:

If communicator is not your default browser, and when you start it up it
does not ask to become the default browser, then:

With communicator closed, locate the prefs.js in your
..\netscape\users\(username)\ folder.

BACKUP PREFS.JS BEFORE PROCEEDING TO EDIT IT !!!!!

Open the file in notepad or some other text editor and find the line
that reads:

    user_pref("browser.wfe.ignore_def_check", true);

Change the true to false and save the file.

Now when you start Communicator it should ask; indicate to it that it
should become the default.

Cheers,
Kelly