Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 2010 14:20:29 -0400
Hi Joyce,

The problem is mostly related to 3 things, AVG, Firefox and your machine.

AVG ,for being the CPU and memory hog that it is. With v9.0 , I would compare it now to what I used to experience
with Norton AV.

Firefox - Don't delete your Profiles . That is the major part of your settings and data.
Instead, delete temp internet files (Cache) and also C:\Documents and Settings\"Profile name"  \Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\identifier string.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite
This file urlclassifier3.sqlite ,can get awfully large and reaches several GB in some cases.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=661382&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

You could use CCleaner for that too.  http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner
Like with all "cleaning" programs, be careful what you delete. Set a Restore point if not sure.

I doubt that your computer is overclocked by running  the AVG  scan. Overclocking doesn't usually occur automatically.
You probably mean it's being overtaxed. Neither CPU nor memory can keep up with the demand and the computer freezes.

However, it may also be that it looks like the computer is frozen, but actually is continuing the scan, but nothing seems to happen
because of the tremendous amount of data AVG is scanning in the same area.

From your comments I know that you're using the paid version of AVG, but in your case you would have been better off to have paid for
an AV+ that is less of a strain on the system, such as Vipre   http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/home-home-office/vipre/
or Avira  http://www.avira.com/en/solutions/home_home_office.html

I know this is a personal opinion, but AVG 9.0 has grown into a bloated monster. For what it's worth, I'm not alone in that opinion.

Hope the suggested deletions will help.

Peter E.