Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2007 00:53:46 EDT

Ed

 It seems my spelling WAS wrong! The download I direted you to IS  spelled
"AdvisOr. It also claims to disable content advisor as well as removing
passwords so, on the surface, it seems this might work for you IF this is the
program that's troubling you.

 I have to say that I have NOT used this program so I can't actually
recommened or bash it. I just ran across it and thought it may be a possibility.

 I am not a computer guru like so many on the PCSoft/PCBuild lists. I  just
have been helped SO many times by them that I try to put in my 2 cents
occasionally in hopes of giving back a little. I highly recommend making your
replies to the list address as opposed to my address directly (Though I don't
really mind it)
because you are more likely to get more and better responses from the  group!

 Good Luck,
    -Phil-

>I greatly appreciate your efforts to help.  Phillip.

>Sorry I never thought to mention that I _am_  using WinXP, Sp2.  I've looked
at the MS program and site >you  mentioned.  (BTW,it confirmed your spelling
in  this case as 'Content  Adviser."  The abomination that's >bugging me,
however, spells it  'Content AdvisOr.'   I felt concerned that the MS Content
Adviser  offrs to >remove -passwords_.  But doesn't mention removing anything
else.

>D'you feel it's unlikely that this will cause  any particular problems?

>Re: Add/Remove, I couldn't find anything there  that seemed likely to have
any sort of removal as a >function.  Your  suggestion, though, that I try to
investigate anything that isn't quickly  familiar seems pretty >sharp.  It'll
need to be the next  step.

>Many, many thanx for your  efforts!       ---ed

In a message dated 9/13/2007 9:40:54 AM Atlantic Standard Time, Phillipwlly
writes:

In a message dated 9/13/2007 9:08:42 AM Atlantic Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I'm  looking for a way toremove my own -- mysterious -- botch.  For no good
reason, I swallowed a description I ran across about something that apears  to
be called Content Advisor.  It offered some sort lf protection that  seemed
(on too darned little thought) to offer some sort of  guidance-cum-protection.

The result has been that, just about every  time I try to follow some link on
the 'Net, I get a small panel that tells  me Content Advisor won't allow e to
enter the page I'm requesting until  "someone" at my machine enters the
password.

I did, BTW, declare a  password with reminder phrase/sentence.  Foolishly,
it's very long --  14 characters.  Yup, it works, but just about every step I
try  (including Googling) requires that I enter that thing about every step I
take.

And I can't get rid of it.  Can't even find  anything under the name "Content
Advisior."  I've accepted so much  garbage that I can't find anything that
even looks like a possibility.   Can anyone at PC-SOFT offer suggestions?

---ed  nelson

Ed,

     What operating system are you using? IF xp and  IF you know the date (or
if in last week or month) you can use these options  in search to narrow down
the possibilities. I would, if you haven't already,  check add/remove
programs to see if it's there. It's likley under a different  name than "content
adviser" so you might search anything you don't recognize  there.

      A google search turned up a password  removal download for MS internet
explorer content adviser at Major  Geeks.

_http://tinyurl.com/28emzu_ (http://tinyurl.com/28emzu)

      Don't know if this is  what is bugging you but it might be worth
looking at. Maybe others on the list  will have more info for you.

      Good Luck,
   -Phillip  Williams-

                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>