Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 10:18:15 -0400
This works for me...
To see what you will wind up with from "any" IE setup file,
(the little 1/2 meg download you get first, or is on a CD),
Check it's properties, and get the version number.
Check the version number against the knowledgebase
Article ID: Q164539
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q164/5/39.asp?id=q164539
"How to Determine Which Version of Internet Explorer Is Installed",
(or in this case what you "will" be installing.)
(This works best for CD's but can also work for  archives stored
on hard drives IF the original files were all kept together properly.)

Note that some of these CD that are passed out to not contain
all the different "options" and extra type program accessories.
A major download is often still required to fill in the "gaps"...

I have noticed last time I did this that the install program would
not run if I downloaded the files and burned them (as a back-up
and to get them off the hard drive) on to a CD. The install wanted to
write to the CD, which in impossible...
The "workaround" was to put all the install files back on the hard drive,
which is a space requirement that will "kill" some people with limited
space.  (I have had MSIEs that were unfixable and could not be re-installed
because of this sort of space limitation...)

But anyway, good luck...     Rick Glazier

From: "Richard Quilhot, C.N.A." <[log in to unmask]>
> The below link is for the ie5 setup program, I believe it is for v5.5.
> ftp://quilhot.net/pub/ie5setup.exe

>  >     My mother's machine currently has IE 5.01 on it and she wants to
> > upgrade to 5.5.  She is still a little leery about going to 6.0.  Is
> > there someplace where you can still download 5.5 or the updaye to 5.5
> > from 5.0 ??

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml