Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:28:25 +0000
Greetings--

From: Richard  Hewetson <[log in to unmask]>

> A friend has a new laptop computer with Microsoft Works.  When she  sends
> attachments they show up as Word documents, but will not open in  word.  I have
> discovered that if I convert them to Word pad, they will open  in Word.  Can
> anyone explain what is happening.  She and I are  volunteers with an
> organization where we send documents back and forth.
>
> Dick Hewetson in San Francisco

In addition to Mr. Gillett's suggestion, you might recommend to your friend that she take an addional step when she saves documents created with MS Works. In addition to naming the file, have her use the drop down arrow next to the "Save file as type" box to choose a version of MS Word to save to. The versions listed tend to be older, but newer versions of Word have no trouble opening them.

An option for you on your end (when you receive docs saved in Works' native format) might be to download and install Microsoft's Works Translator. If you search their site, with those terms, you should still find it. Installing this will enable Word to open Works documents even when saved in the Works native format.

HTH.

Paul A. Shippert
and I'm hovering like a fly
waiting for the windshield on the