Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2011 21:40:56 -0500
Hi David,

Happy Holidays to You and Yours as well.

As to magnifying the screen, my first thought is to use software ,either through Windows Settings or 3rd party software.

Win7 does have its own Assistive settings - or Ease Of Access through the Control panel

Magnifier http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-items-on-the-screen-appear-bigger-Magnifier

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/introducing-accessibility-in-windows#

ZoomIt

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434

Quite useful ,but items are not clickable ,which is the case for a lot of magnifiers.

Can draw on screen.

Magnifier

http://www.moo0.com/?top=http://www.moo0.com/software/Magnifier/

Magnifier

http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/  More user settings. Use Graphics Tools setting for providing crosshairs to locate/indicate mouse pointer.

Here's a list of websites that provide Assistive software:

Assistive Software

http://www.fxc.btinternet.co.uk/assistive.htm

Free Assistive Technology Software

http://wac.osu.edu/conferences/emrc08/free_at.html

http://abilitynet.wetpaint.com/page/Free+and+Low+Cost+Solutions

http://www.rsc-ne-scotland.ac.uk/eduapps/accessapps.php

http://www.polital.com/assist/  Keyboard and Mouse

http://www.family-friendly-fun.com/disabilities/technology/assistive.htm

http://www.e-bility.com/links/software.php

http://www.oatsoft.org/Software/listing/Repository

Magnifier

http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

Magnifier

http://www.moo0.com/?top=http://www.moo0.com/software/Magnifier/

ZoomIt

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897434

As to using the webcam - You may find the settings in Control panel under Cameras

I'm not sure if in your case it's using Microsoft software or 3rd party, but do a search for camera or cam.

I would not have thought to use a camera to magnify the screen, except for capturing images of external objects like a book.

But in this case ,a rectangular Fresnel lens and good lighting would be an easier solution and not involve a computer.

Plastic (vinyl or acrylic) Freshnel lenses are inexpensive and quite acceptable for reading

Eg  http://www.amazon.com/FULL-PAGE-ACRYLIC-MAGNIFYING-FRESNEL/dp/B001N0D81O

Somewhat higher in price  http://www.magnifyingchoices.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_86

Hope some of the above will be helpful.

Peter E.