Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:58:44 -0600
At 06:53 PM 7/5/99 , Jennifer Smith wrote:
>Hi...
>I have a friend running windows 98 and Internet Explorer 4.72.
>Her computer is about 4 weeks old....brand spanking new...
>When she is surfing the net....she will open a few pages..then her computer will
>freeze...and the only way out is reset....sometimes she gets the blue screen...
>Could this be an explorer fault....

If she is finds the BSOD, (Blue Screen of Death), is random and not
continually pointing to the same problem area, this is most usually a
sign of a ram memory problem.

There are two way of dealing with this:
1)  Enter the CMOS settings and slow down the ram access rates
2)  Have the ram module(s) tested and replaced if found to be bad

You might also check to see if she is running any software that is known
to create this issue, such as Norton Anti-Virus.  If she has any anti-virus
software running on the system, disable it for a time to see if that makes
a difference.   Often those small little applications we see in other's system
tray, like screen savers and such, can cause a great deal of problems in a
computer based on incompatibility with their hardware.

Remember that cutesy sub applications cause more problems than anything
else...   lean and clean keeps a computer stable.

                 Bob Wright
        The NOSPIN Group, Inc
http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: