Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:59:13 -0500
I think that my LinkSys router that I purchased a couple years ago required
that I put in admin as user and admin as password.  The newer models
defaults may be setup differently now than the era when I bought
mine.  Yours may also be of that era.

Doug

At 12/14/2003 10:35 AM, bob warasila wrote:

>I'm trying to setup a Linksys BEFSR41 router on a 2 computer system.  This
>router had been working perfectly on my son's system last year and he
>"donated" it my network ambitions.  I downloaded the Linksys Quick Start
>manual and have followed it's instructions carefully.
>
>When I get to the router configuration steps, I used their
>http://192.168.1.1 in IE6 that is running on my machine.  Since I'm not
>connected to the Internet while doing this, I first get the online/offline
>message from the browser.  I chose to work offline and proceeded to enter
>the URL.  This takes me to a XP window which tells me I'm working on the
>BEFSR41 router and asks for a UserID and password.  This is all per the
>Linksys manual.  The manual tells me to leave the ID blank and enter the
>password admin.  When I hit OK, the password box clears and I enter it
>again, it clears again and when I enter it once more, I gives me a message
>that I am not authorized to continue.  This suggests to me someone changed
>the default ID, password.  Am I correct, or can something else be going on?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml