Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob McEwan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 09:51:13 -0000
Kelly Younger wrote:-
A few comments...
NS6 has some obvious problems, especially in mail and news. The
browser seems to work pretty well. I would suggest that anyone who
wants to try it, use the http://beonex.com/ version. It's the same
code, but it doesn't require Netcenter registration and removes a few
buttons that steer you toward AOL shopping sites.Cut
-- Kelly Younger

                         http://nospin.com/rode
I've looked at the beonex site and some comments from Fred Langa as
below :-3) Netscape 6 Minus The Extra Baggage?
"Gecko" is the open-source browser engine produced by the Mozilla
project. It's at the heart of Netscape 6. But Netscape 6 is much more
than just Gecko--- it also includes all kinds of AOL-mandated gizmos
and widgets and add-ons that turn the lean, efficient central core
into a 25MB behemoth.
But because Gecko is open sourced, Netscape isn't the only browser
using it. For example, Reader Kshitiz Chandra points out that:
     http://www.beonex.com/ claims to have the exact same code
     as N6 final ver but yet is beta. The only difference I can
     smell is it doesn't have annoying AOL codes in it. I think
     you will find it useful to compare...
Indeed, Beonex is still in beta, does use the Gecko guts, and (as a
result) looks like a cleaner, less-cluttered, version of N6.
But while its core is the same as Netscape's, Beonex does almost
everything else differently. For example, instead of using AOL's
proprietary Instant Messenger, Beonex provides "Chatzilla" which uses
the widely-supported and non-proprietary IRC (Internet Relay Chat)
for online chatting.
Beonex also draws these pointed comparisons between their Gecko-
driven browser and Netscape's Gecko-driven browser:
   "Higher level of security / privacy by default
    No integration with websites
    No membership
    We cannot identify you while you are surfing the web
    No manipulation on content level
    We don't sell links in default bookmarks, ratings in search
       engines or similar. We believe in open competition on a
distributed Internet."
You can see a full list of features at
http://beonex.com/communicator/doc/feature/ , or download the 6.44MB
installation package at http://beonex.com/communicator/version/0.6/ .
Although Beonex is beta (and is still buggy) it looks very promising,
especially if you like the core of Netscape, but dislike all the
clutter that comes along with it.
Has any one on the list any experience of using beonex? Would it be
possible to keep my Netscape bookmarks if I install beonex.
      TIA...................Bob McEwan

Bob McEwan
  Banjul,
     The Gambia, West Africa.