Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Lentsch, Lonnie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:32:07 -0600
Ian,

   I have run across this.  The problem is with GoHip, You have to go to
"GoHip" FTP site to get the remove program.

   The ONLY way to remove it is to run this file.  If the GoHip browser
enhancements were installed on a pc running profiles then the changes GoHip
makes flow down through all the profiles.  When you run the remove tool it
does not go through the profiles but only the profile it was run under.  You
need to run it logged in as each person.  Or run it under the default
profile and delete all other profiles when done, this is what I did.

GoHip also puts bookmarks in Netscape and IE.

Lonnie Lentsch

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Carmichael [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 3:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Desktop spammed

Okay, here's a hair puller (at least for me):  my department head uses a
Dell 550 w/ win98SE.  For the past few months he's been experiencing all
sorts of ads popping up on his system if he has his AOL client or IE open.
I can see nothing out of the ordinary loading at startup; Active desktop is
disabled; no screensavers running that can or will call up these ads. He
states that he has not installed anything in quite some time and I can't see
any un-id'ed apps installed.   I can't see any running (that is unknown)
tasks that's causing this.  Of the 2 ads I did get the properties of, one
referenced www.gohip,com and the other another site something like
"popups.somesitename.com".  Personally, I thought it might be related to
AOL, but no other users with same s'ware version are experiencing this.
I've already suggested backing up his data and reformatting system, but time
seems to be an issue.  Any thoughts as to what's causing this?

Ian Carmichael
NYC

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml