Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Edward Whitnall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2006 06:27:10 -0800
I've had similar irritations with Norton/Symantec and went to the Zone Alarm Security Suite only to find out that the virus checker in it is Norton. Unfortunately, I just loaded Norton Go Back 4.0 after using Roxio Go Back 3 successfully for years.

Ed Whitnall

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Lanspa <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:15:25 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Norton vs. McAfee

A little history.  We've been having significant annoyances with Symantec's Norton Internet Security (NIS) for years.  However, it has caused several major corruptions that forced us to "clean slate" our hard drive and lose everything.  The latest "event" was just before Thanksgiving, when the "Norton GoBack" boot procedure insidiously inserted itself deep into our hard drive into a partition where it couldn't be removed and wouldn't allow a normal boot-up.  Result: Dell expert techs couldn't remove it so had to send us a brand new hard drive (free, bless 'em).  And recently I discovered that I can't run a virus scan any more with Symantec's little NIS jewel because of a program called WinFax Pro, a Symantec product that "appeared" in my hard drive, and which Symantec has stopped supporting, so they can't help me with it.  So I've decided to do the software equivalent of tying a Symant cinder block around Symantec's ankles and throwing it and Norton off the nearest high
 bridge.
My question is can anyone recommend a reliable Internet Security/Anti-Virus-Spam package?  I was thinking of McAfee, but haven't used it in years.  I've heard that most "all in one" packages, like McAfee and Norton have a tendency to configure your system to conform to their specs, and as such, could cause problems.
 Any help would be appreciated.

Mike Lanspa

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml