Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 01:16:38 -0800
On 21 Mar 2002, at 14:49, Peter Shkabara wrote:

> I am asking for help from the Linux gurus among you to save me setup
> time. I have a RedHat 7.2 installation and want to have a web service
> running. I enabled htmld service, but that did not get the web server to
> respond. What steps do I need to go through to have a webserver (Apache)
> running?
>
> Thank you for any help. I am fairly knowledgeable in UNIX, but don't
> know how to do this item.
>
> Peter
> Peter Shkabara - Computer Science Instructor

  I don't know what "htmld" is -- the usual name for the web-server
daemon, including Apache, is "httpd".

  You can run httpd directly, or from a startup script.  Apache comes
with a nice utility, apachectl (usually in /usr/local/apache/bin)
that lets you type "apachectl start" to start the daemon, "apachectl
stop" to shut it down, and various other options to reset the server
or report its status.

  Or you can add "ServerType inetd" in the httpd.conf file and an
"http 80/tcp" line to /etc/services, to have inetd listen for
connections and fire up Apache as needed.  You probably wouldn't do
this with a production web server, but you might for a private
machine supporting occasional web accesses.

David Gillett