Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Maurice J. Reid" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:13:11 -0600
On June 19, Ron wrote
"The old PC had Windows 98se installed plus MS Works.  My problem now is this.
In order to save the files stored in Works on the old PC, the technician included MS Works on the new PC which came with Word and Excel."...
Ron , I may be misunderstanding your problem and if so, I apologize for not be able to assist you. When you say your old MS Works was included in your new computer, I assume you mean both the program and the data files were put on the new computer. But I do not understand when you say that Works can find some but not most of the files. If all your old files were put in a folder called "OldHD" and you move the folder  "OldHD" ( sounds like a bottle of bourbon), as a sub-directory in the Works directory you should be able to open any of the Works "wps" files handily. I had my Works program and files for years on my old 98SE system. When I got a new computer running XP, I bought a HD Kit case, dropped (figuratively speaking) my 2 partitioned old drive in and XP very nicely Auto found it, set up the existing 2 partitions as separate drives, enabling me to get to my old programs and files as if they were part of the new setup. Some of my older DOS files gave me some tribulation, but not Works. I setup up a shortcut on the desktop and no problem. You may have to give some more details relating to Works "not being able to find the files." Hope this helps.

Maurice Reid

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml