Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Dean K. Kukral" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:33:55 -0600
You are correct, Anna.  I missed the "installed" part by reading too
fast.  FWIW, when I got my HP laptop about fourteen months ago, it had
Norton and a bunch of other stuff as options to install from the hard
drive, but not actually installed.

Jagpal, you evidently have to either go to www.symantec.com and find the
uninstall tool by drilling down to it, or you can purchase a new copy to
install and keep on using it.  I would do the latter, but I am not a
Norton hater.  Of course, if it trashed my system when it was loaded, I
would change, but I have never had that problem.  BTW, the uninstall
tools for Norton and McAfee both may leave files around with the names
on them, but do NOT delete them.

Dean

----- Original Message -----
From: "g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 12:10 PM

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jagpal S Tiwana" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2008 2:55 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] PCSOFT Digest - 17 Feb 2008 to 18 Feb 2008
(#2008-44)

>When I bought a new comuter, Norton came installed as a trial
>version. Now trial period has expired, I find hard to uninstall or
>disable it. Any tips ?   --Jagpal S Tiwana

---------------------
<Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should you manually delete any files that appear
<to be from Symantec.  It looks to me as if  Norton replaces some
<important system files with those of its own.  If you delete them, you
<run a risk of trashing your operating system.

Then you have to restore everything from your restore disk or
partition - and guess what?  I'm baacckk! - Norton is reinstalled too.

<snip>

<Another possibility is to reload your operating system from the save
<disks or whatever your computer came with.  If you have not changed it
<since you bought it and don't mind going back to a fresh install, that
<is one way to solve the problem.

A real fresh install would be great EXCEPT with Dell and HP, that means
a fresh install WITH Norton and whatever other crap Dell or HP were paid
to load up your hard drive with.  They SELL your hard disk space to
vendors and advertisers and if you try a "fresh" reinstall or restore -
back it comes!  In the future, I would not buy a computer with stuff
like this pre-loaded.  I saw recently where Dell & someone else was
selling "clean" installs - FOR A HIGHER PRICE than if you let them sell
part of your hard drive space (which to me is fraud - saying they are
selling you an xGB hard drive and then half filling it with garbage you
can't get off, leaving you with less HDD space than
romised).  --AnnaSummers

<snip>

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml