Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rowena Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:22:08 -0400
I have multiple problems which have been going on for about a year.

1. I got a message that "Norton Antivirus was unable to scan your computer for infections because your license for this product has been corrupted. Please uninstall and reinstall the product."  I uninstalled Norton.  I decided to use AVG.  I cannot install it.  I get "Error - Some installation files are corrupt. Please download a fresh copy and retry the installation." I clicked "O:K" and get "CRC failed in files.dat. Unexpected end of archive"

2.  My computer began saying things like I don't have a printer.  I got around these with System Restore.

3.  I have lost ALL sound.  The computer says no driver installed for System speaker.  I can't get it to reinstall it.  I don't remember what happened just before aI lost sound, and System restore doesn't go back that far.

The computer has pretty much gone berserk.  I have Spybot.  It finds no threats.

I did a virus scan on trendmicro.com.  They showed "Spyware_KEYL_PCAGENT", also "Detected vulnerabilities "MS04-028"

I have Windows XP Home Edition, Version 2002, Service Pack 2. Pentium 4cPU 2.40 GHz; 2.39 GHz, 480MB of RAM.

I will appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Rowena Montgomery

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml