Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Don Weagant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:40:16 -0500
On 2 Mar 2004, at 22:16, cheryl j hansen wrote: about Re: Does anyone like Norton?

>  I love NSW, I have an HP with Windows XP and have had no problem with
> Norton and can not understood why people who write to PCSOFT have such a
> problem.

It has been my experience, that most of the problems are self-inflicted.
The instructions are not read <laugh> Norton says REMOVE OLDER
VERSION FIRST, be this NSW or NAV.

If this is not followed, somewhere along the line, you are going to get
your self in a big mess, and it is time consuming to repair. There are a
couple of tools on the site to help you with this, but they do not always
work. There is also instructions on the site to manually remove the
program, which consists of many many registry edits. The instructions
are very precise and well written, but there are a lot of them.

The other problem is that they tell norton to remove something that is
needed by some other program. This too, is easy to repair, just go in
and "undo"

I am not suggesting this, but if they DO remove the version, before the
2004 version, and re-install it, it acts as a NEW program, and you will
have a new full years of update subscriptions.

From 2000 on, Norton does slow down your system some, if you are
using an older computer. I see no advantage to installing the 2004
version, if you have 2002 or 2003. I don't advise, "re-newing" your
subscription either. If you look around, rebates are offered, by many
companies, that will get you a NEW version cheaper.

I do not use any Microsoft e-mail programs, and keep my Norton up to
date, so I have no experience of removing a virus from my personal
computer. My experience comes for others that have virus on their
system. You have to love them, they pay my rent, but if they had kept
their windows OS, up to date, and their AV up to date, and on auto,
they would not be paying me to fix their computer. I give this advice for
free <smile> but the next time it is in the shop, it is always because
the teenage son/daughter have done something <laugh> It was not
THEM, that opened that cute little e-mail from MOM, without their
computer being protected.

Don

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml