Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:50:18 -0600
Keep in mind the difference between "open to view" and "open, change &
save".  If you just open a .jpg file to view it, and then close it (not save
it), no additional compression occurs.  It is only the saving process that
increases the compression.  Many image editors allow you to set the % of
compression for .jpg when saving.  If your software was set at 80%, for
example, the first time you saved the image it would compress at 80%, the
2nd time it would compress at 80% of the COMPRESSED image.  This is how
image detioration occurs with multiple open and saves.

Dan Shaughnessy

><< Don Kendrew wrote:
>
> > I would caution you when using .jpg (graphics format) to
> >do all your changes in a bitmap file first, and then when
> you're sure there
> >will be no more changes, that's the time to convert to a
> .jpg. This is
> >because .jpg is a "lossee" compression that compresses ever
> further every
> >time you "save" the image. The more often you "save" the
> same image, the
> >poorer the image quality as a result. >>
>
>So, in other words, when I re-open a saved jpg, I should convert it to bmp,
>then re-save it as a jpg from scratch (not as the jpg name that's there?)
>This is a little confusing to me.
>Thanks,
>Ira Wallin

                            The NOSPIN Group