Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 12:54:36 -0500
I'm going to take a stab at this and do some guessing.  This is what is
known from the Computing.net forum:

The wininet.dll comes with the Internet Explorer. There is an older version
that can't do everything (e.g. https connection), and there is a newer
version (in the IE 4.0) that has more features but it needs the linked
shlwapi.dll. You can get these files if you install the new IE. However
there are pages on the internet where you can download these files only
(e.g. http://solo.abac.com/dllarchive/W.html and
http://solo.abac.com/dllarchive/S.html). The dll files should be copied to
the WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder.

I'm guessing that she has an older version of the wininet.dll (probably
using IE 3.x) and the install of Organizer2000 is trying to update to the
newer version of wininet.dll.  The problem is that wininet.dll starts
running at boot up of Windows 98 because it is needed for Explorer (her
desktop) to run.  The install program of Organizer2000 apparently didn't
take this into account.  One way to fix it would be to upgrade her IE to at
least 4.01.  The other would be to download the wininet.dll and shlwapi.dll
from the links and boot to a dos prompt (Start-Shutdown-Reboot in MS-DOS
mode) and then rename the wininet.dll in the /windows/system directory and
copy the new dll's to that directory.  (The dll's may be zipped so she
would have to be un-zipped before installing).

I hope this helps....

Doug

At 1/28/01 10:55 PM, Philippe J Beaulieu wrote:

>  I hope someone can help me solve this. I am trying to coach a friend long
>distance with an install problem. She is trying to install Daytimer
>Organizer2000 on her win95 machine. Install runs smoothly till it gets to 98%
>and then she gets the following error " Could not write to the file named
>C\Windows\System\Wininet.dll. This file is currently being used by another
>application. Please shut down your other application" Of course, before
>instructing her on how to do the install, we shut down everything except
>systray and explorer. Also tried doing an express install which is the
>recommended way, deleting the failed install and trying a custom install. Any
>help is greatly appreciated
>Philippe Beaulieu  [log in to unmask]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml