Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gordon & Jane Swenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:13:04 -0600
I called Adobe as I had the same error message you have.  They said
PhotoDeluxe HE 3 will not work with Windows ME and they have no fix for
this.
Gordon
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sarah Cloud" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, January 13, 2001 7:05 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Computer Problems

> First problem is with my Windows Media Player:
> I have the newest one (the one included with Windows ME) and when I try to
play a WAV, MP3, or WMV, I get no audio. The file plays, but I get no audio.
Other times I get an error message that says "Wmplayer caused an error in
[unknown]" and it shuts down. I know the problem is not with my sound card
or speakers, because audio CDs and RealPlayer files play just fine. Do you
know how I can fix this?

> Second is with running software in Windows ME:
> My computer originally came with Windows 98 and I ran that for 3 years. I
recently upgraded to Windows ME and I'm having a few problems. First, is
trying to run some of my CD-ROM games that worked just fine in Windows 98. I
had uninstalled them before upgraded to clear some disk space and intended
to reinstall them in Windows ME. All my CD-ROMs work perfectly except for
two - Trivial Pursuit Millenium Edition and Adobe PhotoDeluxe 3.1. Here are
the messages I got after installation:
> TRIVAL PURSUIT ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO START PROGRAM:
> Windows cannot run this program because it is in an invalid format
> AND
> The C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM/DSOUND.DLL file is corrupt. Please reinstall the
file and try again.
> ADOBE ERROR MESSAGE WHEN TRYING TO START:
> C:/Program Files/PhotoDeluxe HE 3.1/PD3.EXE A device attached to the
system is not functioning
> AND
> SHELL32.DLL file linked to missing export
SHLWAPI.DLL:SHCreateStreamOnFileA.
> Do you know how I can fix this and make the games work?
>
> Third is a CD-RW drive question:
> I really, REALLY want a CD-RW drive but when I took my computer to have
one installed, the shop told me that my system was too small and it kept
crashing whenever they tried to use it, so they had to take the drive out.
Is there anyway to get around that? And would I be able to use any type of
external CD-RW drives? I have a Packard Bell, Windows ME (upgraded from
Windows 98), 48x speed CD-ROM drive, 6.4 GB hard drive and a MII -333 MMX
Enhanced Processor. Would I be able to use one?

                       http://freepctech.com/rode