Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Harvey Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:22:53 -0700
I have a dual boot system Windows 98 & Windows XP. Some how the Windows XP
got corrupt.
This is what I get.

Windows XP could not start because the following is missing or corrupt:
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

My computer has a Hotrod 66 card in it and is a Pentium III 450Mhz.  When I
go to reinstall Windows XP it is asking for this driver. I'm afraid it will
reformat the hard drive and everything will be lost.  I'm currently running
out of Win 98 but most of my programs are in Windows XP.  I've gone to
Microsoft Web to see how to repair this but it says to press control r to
repair it with a script that it gives. I can't seem to do this at the
install screen that it says - nothing happens. My CDROM is drive K as I
have my hard drives partition with the other letters. Can anyone suggest
what to do?  Could there be a virus. I did have Norton Antivirus running
and updated but now I don't it updated in Win98 to scan the drives with the
latest. Also if Windows  98 is 16bit and Windows XP is 32 bit can this
affect the scanning?

Harvey Rose

              The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donatations
              to continue providing PCSOFT and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using Paypal